Here at GreenWheel Cycles we are passionate about cycling and have been helping riders with their position and posture for over 5 years.
Having carried out over 1,000 bike fits, our process has evolved over the years to help riders of all levels from the complete novice to top end road racers.
“Research has shown that you may achieve a 2% gain in performance on a £1,000 set of carbon wheels, which is pretty impressive on it’s own, however, we aim to give you a 10% gain in performance with our professional fitting service.”
WHAT IS BIKE FITTING?
- A process of adjusting your position on your bike to make you as comfy as possible whilst also maintaining maximum efficiency
- A way of helping to prevent rider injuries
- A good bike fit will enable you to ride longer distances by understanding the fundamentals of cycling. Making you more efficient will help you to ride longer distances on less fuel
- Do you want to go faster? Speed is of course one of the main parts of bike fitting but it’s not easy to achieve unless you are doing all the fundamentals right
WHAT WE AIM TO ACHIEVE WITH YOUR BIKE FIT:
- You will leave your fit with the absolute correct bike position
- We will have established the correct pedalling technique for you
- Improve your core stability
- Improve your cadence
- Help you understand the importance of cardio
- Discuss the importance of correct nutrition to provide the perfect fuel
- Find the correct training to suit the type of riding you are already doing or the events you hope to be entering
You will notice that we’ve not mentioned “POWER”. The reason is because if you have all the above in order, you will already be an established rider and therefore power and speed will come naturally. Once you practice the steps discussed in your personalised bike fit and start achieving gains, you will be ready to move onto the next step in riding with power. We have further options to help you when you reach this stage.
We have 3 different bike fit packages tailored to suit all riders and can be used as a step by step system to help you progress through your cycling journey.
BIKE FIT 1
A short consultation to establish your needs and then carry out a visual assessment of your current position on the bike. We will then make the necessary adjustments to your position to help optimise efficiency and comfort.
Adjustments typically include:
- saddle height
- fore & aft saddle position
- handle bar position
- stem position & height
- cleat alignment
The overall aim is to make you more comfortable with better efficiency and power delivery.
£65 - 45 mins
BIKE FIT 2
Everything included in bike fit 1 plus:
We delve further into diagnosing where any discomfort is coming from and where any extra power can be gained. There are many variables that need taking into account to make sure that the fit is tailored to your needs and we get you the best outcome possible.
Once we have diagnosed what changes are needed, we then explain in detail how this will benefit them, make all necessary adjustments and change any components as needed.
We will then undertake a 2nd visual examination in the new position and at this point you will receive advice and plenty of information on ways to become a more efficient rider. We’ll help you to understand about:
- CORE STABILITY – and how it will benefit you massively. Better power transfer, more comfort and making hills feel easy
- CADENCE – the importance of making your cardio work for you and allow your legs to go for longer and recover faster
- PEDALLING TECHNIQUE – how to transfer power more efficiently using full muscle engagement and therefore feeling less fatigue
- STRETCHING – showing you that this will benefit you at any level of riding. Stretching correctly will reduce the chance of injury significantly and allow you to be more capable on the bike
£95 - 90 mins
BIKE FIT 3
Bike fit 2, plus two 1-2-1 rides with Dan:
A complete one 2 one assessment of you and your riding technique. You will first of all join Dan on a one to one assessment ride to get an accurate understanding of your current riding position, style and fitness. Dan will use this opportunity to diagnose why you may be suffering from any discomfort and whether this is due to riding technique or position.
You will then return to the shop for a complete in store assessment. Once we are both happy with your new position, you will be given a 3-5 week tailored plan to follow which will target all the crucial areas in your riding and allow you to practice the cycling fundamentals you have learnt in the bike fit session.
After you have continued to ride according to the discussed plan we will then invite you to attend a second assessment ride to discuss any queries and make sure that you are applying yourself to the bike correctly. We will return to the shop to discuss in further detail what kind of training you should be focusing on in the future to achieve your targets whilst enhancing comfort and efficiency.
Following the steps and advice we give, you will become a far more efficient cyclist irrelevant of ability.
2 x 1 hr rides
1 x 2hr fit
Bike Fit 1 Gift Voucher – £65.00
Being comfortable on a bike is important to me, it helps me to put down the power and prevents injury for the amount of riding I do.
Having a bike fit from Dan was fantastic, he set my bike up to fit my body, advised me of techniques to improve my pedal stroke and showed me how important core strength is on a bike. Brilliant service and I would return to have any new bike I purchase fitted to me.
After enduring pain after riding for a number of weeks I decided a bike fit was in order. Dan is very knowledgeable and gave valuable tips on riding technique as well as what was wrong with my current position. Basically I had got it all wrong and with a trained eye Dan altered my riding position and the pains in my neck, shoulders and hands were gone. Pedaling efficiency had also improved due to the new position. A bike fit is an essential investment for any cyclist.
Greenwheel cycles bike fitting service is by far the best I’ve had, I’ve struggled with a knee issue for years and it’s a lot less frequent now. Dan also suggested during the fit how I could adjust my form on the bike to get more power down and better control, all of which I use to date. The shops got a good range and has done me some great deals l. Its the only place I go to when I need a bike mechanic.
I would personally recommend the bike fitting service from Dan at Greenwheel Cycles, the benefits I received from a smoother pedalling style, more efficiency and aerodynamics are second to none, also having all my bike servicing done from the shop, the great service and a fully working bike, smooth and as good as new will compliment the fit also, club clothing is comfortable and has a great style to it, looks great in bunch riding and easy to set apart from the rest!!! All in all can’t fault Dan and staff…Top guys!!!